Business and Communications Manager
Salary: £34,000 - £38,000
Contract Type: Permanent
Organisation: London Borough
Start date: ASAP
Full time: Monday to Friday
Your new role
For this role, the client is looking for a motivated individual with management and ideally communication experience who has experience working with vulnerable children and/or young people and an understanding of how different disabilities can impact on a student's ability to travel.
You will ensure that all aspects of the administration service are managed and assist in establishing joint-working across the teams and service. You will be responsible for the oversight of the administration of the systems and processes, such as KPI's and service performance.
This role will involve you working closely with the Head of Service, Team Managers, multi-agency staff and partners and children and their families, contributing to the overall strategic development of the service.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience working in a business manager or communications role in the public sector
- Experience of working in an office-based environment ideally in a complex or regulated environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and respond effectively to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Experience of dealing with complex issues and successfully finding resolutions
- Experience of staff supervision and/or evidence of training and learning in supervisory skills and techniques
- Experience of identifying and implementing service improvement
- Experience of developing and maintaining operational and procedure manuals
- Previously worked on a number of different communication channels in a confident and professional manner
- Ability to influence and coach others and to raise the standards of other reporting staff.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary package of £34,000 - £38,000 per annum
Holidays: 30 days + bank holidays
Excellent pension scheme - 24.9% employer contribution
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact me on the details below. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking to a new position, feel free to contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.