Job title: Bids and Proposals Manager
Purpose of the role: The Bids and Proposals Manager will lead and manage formal and informal bids, tenders and proposals. Acting as bid lead, they will work across teams to develop bid strategy, create content and project manage delivery. This role will work closely with partners and senior colleagues to support new business growth. They will manage the pipeline of bids and tenders, forecasting renewals and planning for future opportunities. This will include horizon scanning and monitoring our tender inbox, notices and alerts. In addition, the Bids and Proposals Manager will develop and maintain the existing library of pre-written content to ensure efficient production and consistent messaging of bids, proposals and credential materials. They will work collaboratively with the rest of the Marketing & BD team on content collation, writing and editing, and with the Graphic Designer on document look and feel.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the Firm's bid strategy and key messages to meet client requirements, identifying our differentiators and any risks
- Manage the overall production of bids and proposals, working closely with subject matter experts and relationship leads. Identify and communicate timescales and ensure delivery against tight timescales, and maintain document version control.
- Produce content that is clearly articulated and client focused
- Responsible for the look and feel of the document, working closely with the Graphic Designer to ensure it is produced to the expected quality on-time and is as reader-friendly as it can be - ensuring all documents pass the 'flick-through' test
- Ensure final bid documents are proofread, written in a consistent voice, professionally laid-out and formatted, and prepared for client submission
- Support colleagues with presentation materials and coach rehearsals
- Support post-bid follow up activity such as client debriefs
- Lead the delivery of credential documents and other informal bid proposals, working with the BD and Client Assistant and other members of the Marketing & BD team
- Development and maintenance of pre-written content and ensure content is constantly reviewed and updated.
- Liaise with Graphic Designer to maintain library of standard bid graphics
- Manage the bid pipeline, deliver reports and research and forecast opportunities
- To ensure that information is handled in accordance with the firm's policies and procedures relating to information security.
- To encourage a security conscious culture within the firm, by supporting and engaging with the firm's initiatives.
- To proactively and promptly report any concerns/issues relating to information security.
Relevant Skills and Experience:
- Sound commercial awareness and a good understanding of business development principles
- Ideally holding at least Foundation Level APMP accreditation
- Experience of managing bid and proposal documents with a thorough understanding of the end to end bid management process. Experience in a Professional Services' environment desirable but not essential
- Experience of OJEUs, PQQs, ITTs and the procurement process
- Knowledge of portal procurement systems
- Bid project management experience and evidence of successfully delivering bids on time with multiple stakeholder input
- Understanding of pipeline management and reporting metrics
- An experienced writer, editor and proof-reader
- Experience of In-Design and Adobe Creative Suite is desirable but not essential
- Ability to establish an effective rapport with, influence and gain the confidence of senior colleagues.
- Self-motivated and enthusiasm for working in an intensive, deadline-driven and high-profile role
- Good judgement which avoids conflict with professional or regulatory requirements, and achieves effective commercial solutions for the firm
- Professional and presentable at all times
- Good time management
- Proven organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Commitment to role and to develop own skills
- Ability to manage oneself and use initiative as appropriate and where required.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available, the opportunity to work for one of the biggest professional services firm in the UK with great career growth opportunities and a fantastic benefits package too.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Bid Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly