Digital Communications Officer
Contract: 1 year fixed term contract
Start date: ASAP
Organisation: London Borough
Pension: 24.9% employer contribution
Holidays: 26 days + Bank holidays
Full time: Monday to Friday
Your new role
For this role you will create, deliver, monitor and evaluate all digital communications activities across web, intranet, e-newsletters and social media. Making sure the council's website is customer focused and improvements are grounded in analytics and research will be a key part of the role. You will be responsible for delivering all operational and tactical elements of the council's campaign plans in support of key organisational priorities. To support the boroughs campaigns and priorities, you will manage their relationship with the local, regional, national and trade media, both reactively and proactively.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience working in the public sector in a communications position
- Experience of designing and editing web content on high profile websites and intranets.
- Previous experience of working with the media to ensure positive outcomes
- High level of knowledge and experience of how to create a tactical communications plan under pressure to deal with media issues
- Understanding and experience of website usability and accessibility best practice.
- Relevant technical expertise and skills, including the use of Content Management Systems, HTML/CSS, photo and video editing tools, Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to accurately summarise and convey complex information to a diverse audience
- Experience of project management to deliver successful digital solutions.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact me on the details below. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking to a new position, feel free to contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.