Business Development Executive - 12 Month FTC - Edinburgh
Business Development Executive - 12 Month FTC
Department Business Development
Level of role AG2
At Addleshaw Goddard we not only provide technical excellence and experience but, crucially, demonstrate real insight into our clients and what really matters to them. A natural choice for FTSE100 clients and for the best talent, our people fulfil their potential in an environment where they are developed and valued. We put ourselves in our clients' shoes, as part of a team of effective business people as well as efficient lawyers.
The Business Development team is a centralised function advising and supporting the Firm in its marketing, sales support and business development activities. The key drivers for the team are to ensure we support the development and implementation of the firm's strategy and in particular help:
► Drive profitable revenue growth (through the Client Universe and new clients)
► Develop and deliver a clear brand proposition through our sector focus
The BD Executive role will work with a specific sector or division to deliver high profile BD projects and facilitate our go-to-market approach. The role encompasses marketing, account management principles and BD activities and is very hands on with a clear objective of getting tasks completed.
General and specific duties
- Work alongside the Sector/Divisional Manager in developing, implementing and reviewing business and marketing plans from Sector groups and Divisions.
- Provide support and assistance with the coordination, planning and delivery of large campaigns and BD targeting activities (major sector projects, events, thought leadership campaigns, client briefings and sponsorships) and work alongside other team members across the BD Directorate as required to ensure delivery of these.
- Manage, monitor and measure business development activity
- Assist in the production and delivery of bids and tenders for new business opportunities, from completing PQQ type response and taking ownership for response drafts to taking a lead role on appropriate bid opportunities and providing adequate support to the Bids team on major panel tenders
- Build knowledge about the firm and sector/divisional client base (i.e. services they buy, service gaps, profile of client base, retention rates, satisfaction with our services etc
- Create credentials, case studies and testimonials and work with the design team to update and prepare capability statements and other client presentations and material in line with the firms visual identity and brand
- Compile knowledge around the sector/divisional positioning (i.e. strengths, weaknesses etc) and research and analyse clients and targets rankings in order to identify key existing clients and targets for new business and monitor competitor activities
- Assist the Sector Manager with the running of Sector Client Universe clients (including liaising with finance and other business services teams) and Divisional Manager with the running of Divisional targets
- Provide support to partners and other fee-earners in relation to individual client meetings. This may include undertaking research and working alongside the Bids team to produce any pitch related documentation.
- Ownership and maintenance of the various pages on the website - ensuring content is kept up-to-date such as people's profiles, insights and general updates and working with the Digital team ensuring all forms of social media are being considered in line with brand guidelines.
- Post relevant Sector/Divisional content on the firm's social channels - LinkedIn, Twitter.
- Ownership and maintenance of the various pages on the intranet - ensuring content is kept up-to-date and is categorised correctly to ensure it is searchable.
- Using CRM system to assist with CRM enquiries and using Vuture to provide e-marketing support for events and publications (setting up invitee lists through to creating and managing the full invite process).
Knowledge, skills and experience required (bespoke to role)
- Highly computer literate with excellent systems skills, ideally including experience of Office software and social media
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self - starter with ability to use initiative
- Strong team worker with the ability to collaborate with multiple teams and individuals from across the business to deliver on tasks and objectives
- Ability to gain trust and build relationships quickly
- A real "can do" attitude and an ability to find solutions
- Able to interact professionally and credibly with senior internal stakeholders
- An ability to manage conflicting requests or concurrent multiple projects
- Marketing or Law degree (or equivalent) is desirable but not essential
- Experience of working in a professional services or similar organisation is desirable