We currently have an excellent opportunity for someone with proven experience and a strong background events management to join our Marketing, BD & Communications team in London. The Events Executive provides focus and management input to Allen & Overy's events programme. This person has in-depth involvement in the identification and planning phases for events, making recommendations to partners, associates and business development colleagues, implementing events best practice globally.
Role and responsibilities
- Taking an event from the initial brief through to the on-site management and follow-up
- Communicating with and gaining the confidence of the fee-earners in relation to their event
- Assessing the business value of an event and giving guidance on suitability where appropriate
- Following up on feedback from an event and resolving any resulting issues
- Ensuring that the reputation of the business is always upheld by any of its events
- Ensuring the Allen & Overy brand and values are clearly represented by Allen & Overy events
- Giving full support to any member of the business undertaking client entertainment (within the team threshold)
- Staying abreast of all new developments / venues / suppliers within the events industry
- Maintaining and managing current relationships with suppliers and building relationships with new contacts and suppliers
- Post-event reporting, including attendee lists, attendee breakdowns and reconciliation
- Budgeting, invoice management and data analysis post-event.
- Must be a team player, self-starter, motivated and able to multi-task.
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision, assess and prioritise workload in a strict deadline oriented environment.
- Work product must be thorough and accurate.
- Attention to detail and ability to problem solve is essential.
- Excellent London and European venue knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills – with BD teams and fee-earners, to ensure buy-in and support to events
- Committed to proving the 'value-add' of events
- A proactive approach, creativity, tenacity and energy
- Ability to work to deadlines, plan and manage multiple projects, manage expectations and deliver under pressure
- Friendly and approachable
- Computer literate with exceptional knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook, experience in events management software an advantage
- Willingness to work extra hours when required (eg: breakfast seminars and dinners)
- Willingness to travel overseas for work as and when offsites require
- Positive approach and ability to remain calm under pressure
Who we are looking for
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and Outlook and Event Management Registration systems eg: Eventsforce, Vuture, etc.
- Proven experience and a strong background in all areas of Event Management within an in-house or professional services environment or client – focused, corporate agency background.
- Well-developed organisational, verbal and written communication skills, with solid problem solving ability.
- Ability to focus on detail and exercise independent judgement.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned a place at the forefront of our industry. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find innovative new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. With our collaborative working culture, flexibility, and a commitment to your progress, we build rewarding careers. By joining our global team, you are supported by colleagues from around the world. If you’re ready for a new challenge, it’s time to seize the opportunity.