Client Relationship Executive
We have a great opportunity for an experienced business development or client relationship professional to join us as an integral member of the Client Relationship Management Team, the Client Relationship Executive will work with the relevant Relationship Manager / Senior Manager and the Global Relationship Partners to help manage three to four of the firm's key strategic banking clients. They will also play a key role in supporting and assisting with certain firm-wide initiatives, activities, campaigns and projects.
Role and responsibilities
- producing client-facing materials, including client relationship statements/reports, major proposals/panel pitches, client presentations and monthly / quarterly value-add reports.
- preparing for and attending regular internal meetings with the Global Relationship Manager, Global Relationship Partners and other core team members to agree client targeting plans, monitor progress against objectives, identify opportunities and monitor financials.
- producing client-related research and analysis including: client strategy, client structures, financials, key contact mapping, competitor activity, developments in the client's markets and relationship gap analysis (to help identify leads and opportunities)
- coordinating specific client targeting initiatives, working closely with client team and Business Development colleagues around the network.
- supporting pitch and matter review exercises, where appropriate, to ensure regular feedback is sought from the client.
- organising and running client specific events, entertainment and client training.
- managing the secondees at these clients, in conjunction with the relevant individual from Business Development, including pre-secondment briefings, regular catch-ups and post-secondment debriefs to gather intelligence and ensure we are exploiting all opportunities with the client, and feeding insights back to the client relationship team.
- as above, working with the Peerpoint client development team to ensure consultants are appropriately briefed and de-briefed before and after their placements as well as ensure that intel is disseminated appropriately to the relevant stakeholders within the business.
- preparing financial reports and analysis for the global client teams, as well as client-facing financial reports, working closely with members of the central finance team.
- supporting the panel RFP process as well as relevant compliance questionnaires, working closely with the Finance, Risk and Compliance teams.
- collecting, co-ordinating and updating various client information globally.
- coordinating internal client communications within the firm (e.g. disseminating client relationship information).
- being involved in firm-wide and practice area projects relating to specific clients.
Ad hoc projects
- assisting with certain ad hoc projects for the CRM team or the wider Business Development and Marketing function.
- Lateral thinker
- Excellent systems knowledge and IT skills
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of, and interest in, business and the economy
- Eye for design/creativity and strong attention to detail (in presenting information)
- Enthusiastic, pro-active, persistent, robust, commitment to "getting the job done"
- Team player
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and generate ideas
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to drive through major projects to completion
- Good organisational and administrative skills/ability to multi-task
- Good-humoured and positive outlook
Who we are looking for
- Graduate or equivalent with a strong academic background
- Business Development or CRM experience in the professional services industry.
- An interest in developing a career in CRM.
- Experience of working with clients in the financial institutions sector would be beneficial otherwise an interest in developing sector-specific knowledge and understanding of the clients’ businesses is critical.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned a place at the forefront of our industry. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find innovative new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. With our collaborative working culture, flexibility, and a commitment to your progress, we build rewarding careers. By joining our global team, you are supported by colleagues from around the world. If you’re ready for a new challenge, it’s time to seize the opportunity.