Senior Bids Executive
We have a fantastic, new opportunity for a Senior Bids Executive to join our Business Development, Marketing & Sales team. This is a full-time, permanent role that will be based in either our Bristol or London office.
Osborne Clarke is a leading International Legal Practice looking after a wide range of commercial clients such as Barclays, Facebook, Siemens and Vodafone. We are renowned for our unstuffy and supportive culture, encouraging all our people to make the most of their talent in a fast growing and exciting environment.
Our focussed strategy and open culture has been recognised by Roll on Friday following the award of being jointly named their 2018 'Law Firm of the Year'.
BD, Marketing & Sales is a welcoming and dynamic team of experts, supporting lawyers, sectors and service lines across our international business.
We are now looking to expand our capacity for supporting and advising our lawyers on international bids. This new role is an exciting opportunity for a talented BD professional with strong bid experience.
What you'll do
Reporting to the Head of Business Development, you will be responsible for supporting the end-to-end bid process both within the UK and internationally. This will include the introduction and implementation of all necessary bid procedures, governance and processes on an international basis across the firm.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Co-ordinating bid teams and inputs from a variety of stakeholders
- Preparing and reviewing the commercial aspects of the bid
- Risk tracking and management throughout the bid process
- Contributing to the written proposal - both in terms of content and presentation
- Supporting the preparation for client interactions in the process
- Controlling the bid budget
- Addressing technical, strategic and business issues
- Arranging post bid reviews
- Updating and overseeing a library of pitch-related content
What we're looking for
The successful candidate will have a proven background in a similar role, ideally within a legal or professional services environment. You will also have a full understanding of bid campaign management, from opportunity identification through to project delivery.
- Delivering successful proposals for international, complex opportunities
- Able to successfully deliver at a senior, strategic level and also be comfortable getting hands-on and/or working on own admin when and where needed
- Influencing senior stakeholders
- Strong copywriting skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines
- Strong people management and communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisation
- Sound commercial understanding, P&L and risk management skills
- Fully conversant with the competitive marketplace
To submit your application, please click on the link provided.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive to be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.