Motion Graphic Designer
Main purpose of job
This role is responsible for the creation of engaging animated content for both internal and external audiences. The content created will be one of the key ways the firm stands out from the crowd so it’s crucial that the person in this role is keen to push boundaries and introduce new ways of doing things.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Work with colleagues across the business - suggesting ways to bring ideas to life through animated content
- Work closely with the rest of the M&BD team to translate marketing campaign messages into engaging online content
- Take briefs from colleagues across the firm on potential projects
- Working with the in-house designer and video producer to create engaging animated content
- Design on brand motion graphics from concept to completion
- Pitch ideas efficiently to the team and wider firm
- Quickly elevate a project through to animation once receiving the brief.
- Act as a brand ambassador for the firm
- Support the in-house designer with ad-hoc projects and design requirements
- Stand out and varied portfolio/reel
- Confident at all stages of the creative process from creation to delivery
- A strong eye for design and narrative structures
- Interest in photography and video production
- 2 years+ industry experience
Knowledge and technical skills
- Highly skilled in After Effects and Illustrator for 2D
- Solid knowledge of Cinema 4D, experience with X-Particles and Trapcode Particular a big plus.
- Proficient in the rest of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite.
- Photography experience/passion a benefit
- The ability to produce polished design solutions
- Ability to manage and prioritise projects effectively and on time
- Strong attention to detail
- A collaborative team player with strong communication skills.
Here at Simmons & Simmons
We believe our people define us. Our working environment is genuinely collegiate with a supportive atmosphere and team ethos – we have a reputation for being a friendly culture which we are very proud of. Flexible working, an inclusive and diverse culture, our innovative approach and being truly international are just a few more things that make us, us. Below are a few more reasons to consider Simmons & Simmons for your next career move:
- Competitive benefits package
- International offices including: Hong Kong; Lisbon; Dubai; Tokyo; Dublin; Milan; London; Madrid; Singapore to name a few
- Generous employee referral bonus programme
- All year round dress down
- We have recently launched ‘Pathways to Progression’ – all about encouraging & enhancing future female talent in the firm
- All offices have their own artwork collections – we have a Damien Hurst and a Tracey Emin in the London office
- We were ranked as a Stonewall Top Global Employer and a Stonewall Star Performer in 2017
If you are interested in finding out more about this vacancy then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and to apply for the role please click on the apply button at the bottom of the screen. Please find a detailed Job Description also attached below.