Client & Market Development Associate Manager - UK Government - 12 month FTC
Clifford Chance is one of the world's leading law firms, helping clients achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across the three key markets of the Americas, Asia and Europe and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; corporate and M&A; finance and banking; real estate; tax; pensions and employment; litigation and dispute resolution.
This newly created role is responsible for developing and leading the sector strategy for the UK Government. The role will support the firm in embedding its already successful strategy in relation to its sector approach and the successful candidate will have responsibility for all facets of business development.
The main aim of the role is:
- to support the delivery of "must win" proposals
- to implement the sector strategy for the UK Government sector through developing clear "to-market" plans for the group in full consultation will all key stakeholders
- to support the client facing relationships which underpin the sector, including by acting as the "go-to" for queries from key clients.
- Manage the production of RFP responses, pitches, capability statements and credential statements
- Manage and improve the process for capturing sector deal information in the global matter database.
- Project manage all directory, awards and league table submissions
- Manage and coordinate UK Government client events (both off and onsite)
- Manage the client development for the key client accounts which underpin the sector and take an active role in client planning
- Maintain and update a database of client contacts
- Maintain detailed client mapping including man-mapping of key individuals.
Skills & Experience
To perform this role successfully, the candidate will have:
- A track record of delivering across the full lifecycle of a pitch, panel pitch or capability request [preference for Government pitch experience]
- The ability to work effectively and co-operatively with senior business development teams
- A client centric view and the ability to translate opportunities into actionable plans
- The individual should have a global perspective, with sensitivity to multiple and diverse cultures - international working experience would be an advantage
- Excellent prioritising skills with the ability to make judgement calls on where to add value
- Strong interpersonal skills and exceptionally strong communication skills, both verbal and written (including strong editing and proofing ability and attention to detail)
- Well-developed influencing and presentation skills and be confident, resilient and focused
- Ability to demonstrate a track record of being pro-active and delivering high quality work both personally and through a team
- Proven project management skills.
It is the Firm's policy to treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age. Furthermore, the Firm will ensure that no requirement or condition will be imposed without justification which could disadvantage individuals purely on any of the above grounds.
The policy applies to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, training, transfer and every other aspect of employment.
The Firm will regularly review its procedures and selection criteria to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and otherwise treated according to their relevant individual abilities and merits.
The Firm is committed to the implementation of this policy and to a programme of action to ensure that the policy is, and continues to be, fully effective. All staff are required to comply with the policy and to act in accordance with its objectives so as to remove any barriers to equal opportunity. Any act of discrimination by employees or any failure to comply with the terms of the policy will result in disciplinary action.