Marketing & Business Development Manager, Litigation & Regulatory
The Litigation & Regulatory practice group at DLA Piper is a significant Group within the Firm and as such is large (named one of the largest litigation practices globally by The Lawyer), complex and fast paced.
The International marketing and Business Development team provides the operational and strategic hub for the Litigation & Regulatory Group, supporting the London-based Co-Global Chair to help deliver his priorities for the Group. The team is high-profile within the Group, working closely with global partners and other regional colleagues at practice (subgroup) and Group-level.
The team is responsible for helping partners to develop relationships with existing and potential clients, managing its market profile and developing a sense of community within the group in order to build strong and cohesive client teams. The team forms part of a larger International marketing team based in locations across Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, with a strong core team based in London.
The Marketing & Business Development Manager will lead and support across a broad range of areas to help the firm enhance its profile and win new, profitable business.
Occasional travel within the UK and internationally is a requirement of the role.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work on the group key client relationships and client targeting programmes
- Plan and execute UK and international activities and report on results and ROI
- Work closely with International partners in order to develop strategic business development and marketing plans
- Create and execute targeted marketing campaigns and events designed to raise our profile and win new business in specific focus areas
- Manage the production of client communications from concept through to distribution
- Work with the Partners and the PR team to manage relationships with the media and proactively seek out the most appropriate press coverage
- Advise on pitch strategy, help prepare pitch documents, manage rehearsals for new business pitches and perform pitch debriefs
- Identify and organise networking and profile raising opportunities for the lawyers with clients and prospects
- Identify training needs for the lawyers on skills such as pitching and sales
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Manager level experience and be looking to expand their role in an international organization
- A Degree or equivalent qualification
- A high level of written and oral communication skills
- The ability to display a consistently positive and proactive attitude and demonstrate a collaborative working style
- A deep knowledge of marketing / BD processes for professional services
- An exemplary professional approach and demonstrably high levels of commitment and internal client care
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
- Demonstrable experience in demanding, partner-led international environments
- A proven ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information
- Sales techniques and coaching skills
This job description is not designed to be exhaustive and can be varied, as required, to develop, or fulfil, the role of the Marketing & BD Manager - Litigation & Regulatory
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment to you and where local legislation permits, we may conduct pre-employment screening that can include checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.