Senior Marketing Executive - Corporate
Marketing and Business Development
Team and Business Unit: Corporate Marketing and Business Development team
Corporate BD Manager
Purpose of job:
To deliver high-level, quality and innovative business development and marketing strategies for the Corporate group.
What’s in it for you?
The Marketing and Business Development department at BCLP has been built in a non-traditional way for the legal sector. The team comprises specialists from backgrounds including PR, design, media, and the big-four accountants. The result is a dynamic and energetic team environment which nurtures fresh perspectives and ultimately lends the firm a competitive advantage.
Since 2012 we have either won or been shortlisted for a host of marketing and other specialist awards, including most recently:
• Winner – Drum UK Event Awards 2016 – Innovative Event of the Year for our inaugural “Capitalising on Real Estate” event
• Winner – B2B Marketing Awards 2017 – Best use of content marketing – Emerging Themes
• Winner – The Lawyer Business Leadership Summit Awards 2016 – Best big data initiative
We take a holistic approach to Marketing and Business Development, with the goal always to help our lawyers win more work and make new connections. Because we are so transparently aligned to this core strategic objective, we enjoy full buy-in from the business including senior management, who have a clear view of how our work contributes to the overall success of the firm.
Corporate marketing and BD team: BD Manager, Senior Marketing Executive and Marketing Assistant.
This role will involve working closely with all other Marketing and Business Development teams, as well as with the COO/Deputy COO of Corporate, fee-earners, Knowledge Development Lawyers and Secretaries.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with partners from across the corporate group to identify issues and opportunities for us to develop new business or cross-sell.
- Contribute to and shape marketing and business development practice plans
- Responsibility for department and practice group pitching, including ensuring a “best practice” approach, management and production of individual pitches/capability statements, coaching on pitch presentations and client feedback
- Developing and delivering thought leadership campaigns and new business campaigns
- Working with the knowledge management team and a cross-practice group of fee earners to develop and deliver relevant email alerts and training to specific clients/targets
- Leading / supporting directory and award submissions, including research, management of the process and editorial control.
- Development of strong, clear content for marketing literature and other collateral, as required
- Drive seminar programmes, conferences, other events in line with the marketing plans
- Contribute to and implement the social media strategy of the group
- Support PR initiatives
- Sharing best practice with other Business Development groups across the global firm
- Supporting Corporate Tax and Private Client as required (alongside the Corporate BDM, SME and Assistant)
Experience and Knowledge
- Degree educated, possibly with a Marketing (CIM) qualification
- Professional services background
- Solid Business Development and Marketing experience
- Corporate knowledge preferred
Attitude and Skills
• Confident trainer at all levels of seniority on social media tools including LinkedIn and Twitter
• Knowledge and thorough understanding of public sector procurement process, for legal services
• Ability to monitor and filter opportunities from public sector pitch portals, and present related opportunities to senior partners
• Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
• Highly enthusiastic with a positive attitude
• Fast learner
• Self-motivated and proactive - a self-starter
• Excellent attention to detail
• Highly organised and able to multi-task and manage competing priorities/projects
• Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Flexible in approach
• Professional and confident
• Willing to put forward new ideas and suggest new ways of working
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong influencing skills
• Exemplary project management skills
• Proactive and positive in approach
• Flexible approach to hours worked
Diversity, inclusion and working differently
Diversity and inclusion is at the heart of Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner. We are wholly committed to creating an inclusive and inspirational culture where all our employees are valued, motivated and able to make the most of their skills qualities and points of difference and, most importantly, be themselves.
We believe that our goals of always exceeding client expectations and being the most attractive place to work will only be achieved if we recruit, retain, reward and develop our people with regard to their abilities and contributions and without reference to their background, gender, gender identity, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.
Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner is a firm with an increasingly flexible workforce. We are supportive of a range of working arrangements, tailored to you as an individual, wherever possible.
Please ask the Resourcing Team about the flexible working arrangements that are available to you within this role.
Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner ensures all hardcopy materials containing confidential information are securely stored and accessible only to those authorised to view such content.
Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner ensures all confidential information stored electronically is securely stored and accessible only to those authorised to view such content.
As a regulated firm of solicitors, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner is required to undertake appropriate vetting of staff. In addition to completion, by applicants who accept a job offer, of a regulatory questionnaire, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner uses a specialist provider to undertake professional verification and background checks (including through electronic data sources, and directly with employers and professional bodies/regulators) on our behalf. We will also undertake certain verifications ourselves.
Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner adopts a risk-based approach to its vetting procedures, which are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with IT, legal and regulatory obligations. For further details, please see our recruitment website https://jobs.blplaw.com/.