Corporate Communications Executive
1 day left
- Job Role
- Communications Executive
About Gowling WLG
We have more than 1,400 legal professionals working around the world. Our offices span across 19 cities in Canada, the UK, Continental Europe, Asia and the Middle East. There's strength in our global presence – we embrace our differing cultures and work together as one team. We also understand the importance of investing in relationships that build knowledge and trust, while we provide legal advice that's tailored to our clients' world.
'Our people and distinct culture are what makes us different. We know this through client and employee feedback and this drives everything we do'' Chris Oglethorpe, HR Director.
There are great opportunities for all our people to flourish. Through training and personal development they can grow in their role. Our people are the cornerstone of our success, across legal, business support and early talent. We care about their happiness and believe in the power of teamwork. We want them to feel empowered and recognise that by supporting, respecting and embracing everyone's different contributions we achieve more.
Working flexibly, working fairly
Agile working offers people more freedom and flexibility in where, when, and how they work. As technology advances and our workforce becomes more diverse – and with clients often working to a 24/7 rhythm – having extra flexibility is key to helping us balance work and other commitments sensibly and productively.
By supporting people to choose where and when they get their work done, we help them to make a full and fair contribution to their team – while maintaining that all important work-life balance.
Where possible and depending on business needs, we will consider all flexible working options such as part-time working, job sharing, working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with Gowling WLG you favour flexibility in your working arrangements, please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
Main Purpose of the Job
This role focuses on specific internal client groups. The Corporate Communications Executive will provide a full communications service to help those clients meet their business objectives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be expected to maintain the team’s high standards of technical and service excellence. This role requires the ability to produce a high volume of excellent written copy often to tight deadlines, project management and excellent client handling skills. The role includes:
- Content development - Originate, produce and provide ongoing management of high-quality communications collateral for clients, targets and other contacts. This includes online and off-line material.
- Media relations – Prepare and distribute press releases (national and sector based), generate and edit articles, support Head of Corporate Communications and Corporate Communications Managers on campaigns, monitor media coverage and respond to journalist queries. Provide support on competitor monitoring.
- Directories and awards – supporting the firm with its legal directories and awards submissions.
- Digital, including social media support, web content support - Provide high-quality content for the firm’s website and social media channels. Publishing content to the website and social channels using the firm’s content management systems. Writing and editing copy for email marketing campaigns. Responsible for ensuring relevant client sections are up to date.
- Legal and sector developments – keeping abreast of legal and sector developments to support legal teams with creating new content and opportunities.
- Intranet – Finding and writing high-quality content for the firm’s intranet. Using the firm’s content management system. Supporting internal clients in maximising the opportunity to raise/maintain internal profile. Help maintain the corporate communications team’s pages.
- Miscellaneous – Provide copywriting and other support on miscellaneous communications projects as directed by the Head of Corporate Communications or Corporate Communications Managers.
Key skills and experience
- Educated to degree level
- Outstanding writing skills, with faultless grammar and spelling
- Self-motivated team player used to working under pressure from multiple clients and delivering excellent client service
- At least one year’s experience in a communications (or equivalent) role
- An understanding of the strategic value of communications
- Strong interest in current affairs and the daily news agenda
- Professional firm experience desirable but not essential
Note that candidates will be given copywriting tests.
Gowling WLG is committed both to promoting equality and diversity in the firm and to Equal Opportunities in employment. The firm believes in equality of opportunity regardless of race or racial group (including colour, nationality, ethnicity, national origins), religion or belief, age, disability, sexual orientation, sex, gender re-assignment and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy, maternity and paternity. This also includes any incidents of perceptive or associative discrimination and harassment.
At Gowling WLG we seek to attract and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures, to create an exciting and rewarding place to work. Our aim is to fulfil everyone's potential and together to achieve personal and business goals.
More searches like this
- Business Development Professional Services jobs in Birmingham
- Digital / Online Marketing Professional Services jobs in Birmingham
- PR and Communications Professional Services jobs in Birmingham
- Social Media Professional Services jobs in Birmingham
- Internal Communications Professional Services jobs in Birmingham