Business Development Senior Executive
- Job Role
We have a new opportunity for a Business Development Senior Executive to join our dynamic Marketing & Sales team. With over 40 employees across our three UK offices (Bristol, London and Reading), the team supports domestic and international communications, marketing, sales, events and brand strategy.
Osborne Clarke is a leading International Legal Practice looking after a wide range of commercial clients such as Barclays, Facebook, Siemens and Vodafone. We are renowned for our unstuffy and supportive culture, encouraging all our people to make the most of their talent in a fast growing and exciting environment.
Our focussed strategy and positive working environment have been rewarded by many prestigious awards for career progression, management and culture, including being named Roll on Friday's 'Firm of the year' 2018.
We are happy to consider applicants looking for their primary location to be London or Bristol, although the role will involve regular travel between our three UK offices.
What you'll do:
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, you will co-ordinate internal and external marketing activities for the Digital Business (DB) and Life Sciences (LSH) sectors; to provide support to the sectors' business development function.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Own sector marketing plans, agreed with the BD manager, detailing marketing activities and events, budget requirements, performance measurements to be reviewed quarterly with the sector BD manager
- Implementing firm-wide campaigns through the DB and LSH sectors.
- Thought leadership/research projects (liaising with info services as appropriate).
- Coordinate the production of content for legal and market updates for distribution to clients and contact in conjunction with the BD manager and head of client knowledge.
- The creation of marketing collateral and digital online content (updates web copy, brochures and other materials), drawing on team expertise as appropriate.
- Working with the specialist marketing teams (Communications, Marketing & Events, Brand & Design) project manage client events (briefing and working with the events team to ensure all events are delivered successfully and within budget). Maximising, tracking and recording ROI.
- Responsibility for updating the DB and LSH pages of the OC website
- Support selected pitches, ensuring best practice in opportunity assessment and pitch management
- Support the sector CRM programme for key/development clients, including provision of reports as required
- Coordinate internal DB / LSH sector briefings including identifying speakers, preparation of agendas, follow up etc.
What we're looking for:
Although a background in Business Development within a legal or professional services environment would be beneficial, we are also open to considering applicants with a general strong understanding of the Digital Business sector and excellent project management and communication skills:
More specifically, we require:
- Extensive experience working in sales and marketing.
- You'll have experience of successfully managing projects to completion and assessing their effectiveness.
- You will ideally have CIM qualifications and be looking for a mixture of sales and marketing challenges.
- You'll be exceptionally organised, with a good eye for detail, highly literate and numerate.
- You'll have the ability to multi-task with a variety of stakeholders.
- Be proactive in agreeing priorities and identify the appropriate level of importance/urgency for projects.
- You'll have excellent communication skills – will build excellent rapport with the sales and marketing and legal teams through face to face contact. You'll be confident in briefing partners and lawyers on sales and marketing initiatives and capture clear information for implementation.
- You'll also be confident to self-assess projects and issues without micro management and to suggest alternative ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- IT literacy: Excellent Vuture, PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills.
- Experience of InterAction or similar CRM database.
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive to be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.