Client Relationship Manager
The Norton Rose Fulbright client team is made up of a number of Client Relationship Managers who work directly with the global client relationship partners and teams for their individual clients and collaboratively when sharing best practice or delivering client programmes. The client teams work within a globally established structure and the programme enjoys a high level of visibility and management support.
The Client Relationship Managers are encouraged to be client facing and develop their own client contacts. The role reports in to one of two Senior Client Relationship Managers who both report to the Head of Clients, Europe, Middle East & Asia. The team, however, operates a very flat team structure and all interact daily across all members of the team.
You will have responsibility for the development of a small number of clients (Up to 5 clients) in close cooperation with the respective global client teams. Each member of the team is also responsible for a couple of assigned projects that support and develop the work we do as a team.
Understanding the Organisation
- Research the client organisation and industry to identify issues which we should help them address (through face to face meetings with client contacts, networking and use of desk research prepared by trainees and business development colleagues)
- Create and analyse relationships to strengthen and further broaden our client engagement in line with agreed strategy
- Based on client issues, contacts and our service offerings, identify revenue streams, business development priorities and target revenue/profitability
- Develop an active account plan to pursue strategic priorities and meet financial targets
- Drive the implementation of the plan with the relationship partners and the wider client team
- Manage regular client team meetings that are productive, action oriented and focused on priorities to implement the agreed client strategy
- Match emerging client needs with our services, thereby identifying potential leads
- Work closely with the relevant industry/practice BDs to stay up to date with our campaigns and offerings
- Work with business services teams to identify the most appropriate value added services to take to your clients
- Implement the principles of our client development framework through regular interactions and coaching of the client team
- Develop peer relationships with client contacts
- Manage bids/panel reviews, participating in presentations where appropriate, working alongside the Strategic bids team
- Coach partners and associates in the group as necessary to drive sales
Client Service Management
- Satisfy client service requests, including all service commitments / reporting agreed during any panel review process
- Provide feedback to headlight teams on client needs / potential new service offerings
- Work closely with Business Development colleagues, managing global projects and campaigns and focusing them on client needs to develop key relationships
- Work with relevant project groups to identify alternative ways of working with allocated clients to increase efficiency or endure better delivery
- Brief and debrief secondees
- Identify evolving demands for client knowledge services and work with client knowledge services team to deliver those
- Review the sales pipeline for each account, identifying priority actions for the relationship team
- Review monthly reports for relationship meetings aiming the focus towards key issues and opportunities at the client
- In conjunction with relationship partners, regular reporting to senior management on position vs target, forward actions and return on investment
- Identify profitability issues should they arise; working with relationship partners and finance teams
- Review spend vs budget and address any issues arising
- Any other duties as requested by your line manager
You will be supported in respect of each global client by:
- A Business Development Executive and an Assistant who will help with regular reporting, maintaining the intranet site, organising client events, coordinate relevant mailings and administrate the client feedback programme.
- One or more trainees, who will review and circulate press articles, manage intranet site and assist with organising relationship partner meetings.
Skills and Experience Required
- Relevant degree or equivalent and proven past experience within business development or sales
- Legal or professional services background preferred
- Candidates with CRM experience will be prioritised
- Good knowledge of professional services organisations, preferably with international matrix structures
- Strong influencing skills (confident, assertive, diplomatic)
- Strong relationship building skills, with a positive and enthusiastic outlook
- Flexible and open to change to an organisation
- Team player
- Strong communication and strong presentation skills
- Strong writing/editing skills.
At Norton Rose Fulbright we welcome receiving direct candidate applications via our careers page.If you would like to ask any specific questions beforehand, please contact Philippa Wilson at Philippa.firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENCIES PLEASE