Marketing Manager- Innovation
What impact will you make? The Opportunity
Our firm’s 2020 aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in professional services. We have set out an ambitious Clients & Markets strategy towards that aspiration and are now turning strategy into execution.
Within Clients & Markets, the Corporate Affairs function brings together the teams that work on firm-wide initiatives, including: external relations, brand & engagement, corporate marketing, corporate insight & economics, responsible business, and the UK global office.
This role will drive the execution of the Innovation C&M strategy.
Working with the firm’s core innovation team and Managing Partner for Innovation, lead in developing and executing the C&M strategy for Innovation. This includes the Disrupt: Deliver campaign, corporate activity to create a pervasive culture of constant innovation and supporting new innovative services and businesses to market.
Devise and deliver our Innovation marketing programme, supported by the Head of Corporate Marketing. You will be responsible for shaping the focus and direction of the internal and external marketing strategy and tactical programme for Innovation. This will involve developing opportunities for Partners and Directors to regularly access our clients or targets, building long term relationships and sharing key insights through our go to market activities.
- Clients and markets point of contact for the Managing Partner for Delivery Models and Innovation and Innovation leadership team
- Act as the primary interface with the business on clients and markets activity for Innovation, providing direction and advice to the respective leadership Partners on their clients and markets strategy
- Based on an understanding of Innovation and the positions of our competitors, develop, drive and oversee delivery of our clients and markets strategy and associated activity for Innovation; work with stakeholders and relevant colleagues as appropriate to take input on how the business strategy plays into this
- Create a single integrated plan for Innovation by bringing together all aspects of clients and markets support e.g. Marketing Delivery, Communications, Digital or Insights; take accountability for oversight and delivery of specific initiatives to deliver the plan
- Be an ambassador for Innovation across clients and markets and the business – including Service Line GTM teams, brand, CR and sponsorships.
- Engage with the wider clients and markets community (agency – marketing delivery, creative studio, digital and, PR, Brand etc., as well as clients and markets Leads for other relevant dimensions), in order to deliver the plan and measure impact
- Be the ‘voice of the client’ within the business dimensions including developing relationships where appropriate with key stakeholders in the marketplace
- Help inform and guide the investments, campaigns and positioning of the other dimensions where relevant through the provision of service line-based market intelligence
- Develop an awareness of Innovation market trends identifying potential opportunities for speakers, seminars, collaborations and the creation of insight for clients
- Embed a culture of innovation across all our corporate activity – including Executive platforms and messaging
- Be an active member of the core Innovation team led by the Managing Partner for Innovation, providing guidance and support on delivery.
- Build awareness of the approach to Innovation by other member firms and link into the Global innovation team for insight.
- Excellent communication skills are necessary. Must be capable of interacting with client board members, other senior clients, senior Deloitte partners and external senior advisors
- Influencing skills - as a specialist adviser to the partnership, the post holder will need to be able to put his/her views across clearly and have the confidence to challenge senior people
- Demonstrate a strong level of emotional intelligence, experience of managing complex situations successfully.
- Ability to develop strong and effective relationships with senior stakeholders and team members.
- Creativity and the ability to work collaboratively to reach innovative solutions
- Ability to interpret and develop an understanding of technical subject matter
- Client focused
- Strategic thinker who can identify strategic themes/issues for the service line
- Ability to effectively manage a large number of marketing and business development activities and delivery via a number of specialists
- Ability to deal with a degree of ambiguity and use own initiative
- Marketing and business development experience within professional services
- Consulting with senior stakeholders
- Setting out a clear vision and direction
- Designing and overseeing the implementation of integrated marketing and business development plans
- Proven track record of working in a complex, matrix or multi-faceted environment
You are here: Internal Client Services
Internal Client Services (ICS) contributes to the success of Deloitte through six departments: Clients & Markets, Finance & Legal, Human Resources, IT Services, Property & Corporate Services and the Shared Services Organisation. There is no such thing as a ‘typical’ ICS person or job. The work we do is as varied as our people are diverse: administrators, artwork designers, accountants, advisors, audio-visual technicians, business analysts, building surveyors, bilingual secretaries. ICS teams are based across the UK, Switzerland and India, all sharing a common goal of providing outstanding support to Deloitte and its people.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
This role will drive the execution of the Innovation C&M strategy supporting our 2020 aspiration to become the undisputed leader in professional services.