Marketing Assistant Manager
Position summary What impact will you make? The Opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity to join Deloitte’s Clients and Markets Marketing Delivery Team (MDT.) The MDT is made up of nearly forty people both in the UK and overseas. It’s responsible for the firm’s largest and most impactful marketing campaigns across the full breadth of industries and areas Deloitte works within. It’s the ideal place to gain wide ranging experience to develop your knowledge and hone your skills under the guidance of experienced B2B marketers.
If you’re successful in applying and join our team you could find yourself delivering projects as diverse as an insight report for the Life Sciences and Healthcare business, an events series for our Financial Services C-Suite clients or landing a digital marketing campaign for our luxury brand retail clients.
We want to people to build rewarding long-term careers at Deloitte. With the experience you’ll gain and networks you’ll build, the MDT is an excellent place for career development. Alongside all of this you’ll have a team of diverse & enthusiastic colleagues who we feel are the most talented and supportive that you’ll come across.
The Marketing Delivery Team is an integral part of our Agency model supported by specialist teams (digital, creative studio, event management, etc...). The Role objective is to support development and delivery of marketing campaigns, initiatives and events for a dimension of the firm, as prioritised by the Head of Marketing Delivery.
- Supports the teams within Clients & Markets Strategy, Corporate Affairs and Client Relationship Development to develop detailed campaign and project plans supporting the dimensions C&M plan
- Contributes to the development of campaign briefs
- Project manages other agency team specialists to deliver specific deliverables for campaigns or initiatives
- Contributes to campaign reports highlighting results, and identifying areas for further improvement
- Shares knowledge and experience of good practice to achieve optimal results for the specific campaign or initiatives, based on the strategy and KPIs provided by the relevant team lead
- Coordinates specialist groups and other Deloitte resources to ensure an integrated campaign/initiative
- As part of the campaign/initiative delivery, conduct surveys and relevant background work to ensure the success of the campaign/initiative
- Prepares campaign reports highlighting results, and identifying areas for further improvement
- Coaches/guides more junior members of the team on content development for deliverables
- Ensures that all campaign plans, and activities within them, ‘start with the client’ and are aligned to the principles of insightful, focused, targeted and bespoke.
- Has a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firms commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
- Evidences delivery of integrated, creative marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Creative writing skills
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders at all levels up to partner
- Ability to manage multiple campaigns and initiatives; works well under pressure, with multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Keeps self up-to-date with campaign and initiative best practice
- Understands the breadth of capability of Deloitte’s wider Clients and Markets teams and is able to bring this to bear to campaigns.
- Team player shows evidence of working with others to get things done, specifically across a matrix structure
- Experience of managing people or project teams would be an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communicator, both verbally and in writing, including presentation skills, that clearly articulate priorities and expectations
- Passion for and understanding of the Deloitte brand and professional services.
- Evidence of participation and interest in the broader activities and positioning of the firm.
- Experience of working in professional services / multi stakeholder environments.
- Experience in digital channels, including email marketing website content, and social media
You are here: Agency (Clients and Markets)
This is where we bring ideas to life. Our very own, in-house, full service marketing agency, tasked with outsmarting the competition.
This diverse team drives the heart of our marketing campaigns in the UK. Events, blogs, white papers, adverts, bids, brochures, signs; you name it, we do it. We are home to teams in Marketing Delivery, Digital, CRM, Research, Events and our own Creative Studio.
We work across platforms and across industries, wherever the demand and the business takes us. Our creative geniuses work from concept to client, developing ideas worth spreading.
As part of: Internal Client Services
Internal Client Services (ICS) contributes to the success of Deloitte through six departments: Clients & Markets, Finance & Legal, Human Resources, IT Services, Property & Corporate Services and the Shared Services Organisation. There is no such thing as a ‘typical’ ICS person or job. The work we do is as varied as our people are diverse: administrators, artwork designers, accountants, advisors, audio-visual technicians, business analysts, building surveyors, bilingual secretaries. ICS teams are based across the UK, Switzerland and India, all sharing a common goal of providing outstanding support to Deloitte and its people.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
Deloitte has established a clear vision to become the undisputed leader in professional services by 2020. The Clients and Markets strategy is a key enabler of this vision; aiming to build enviable client loyalty with the largest and most influential clients, in our chosen markets, such that these clients will turn first to Deloitte when faced with a major challenge.
To enable the delivery of our approach, Assistant Managers (as part of the Marketing Delivery team) will support the teams within the Clients & Markets Strategy, Corporate Affairs and Client Relationship Developments departments in the delivery of their marketing campaigns and activities.