Marketing & BD Director - Legal Specialists in Tech/ Start ups
This talented firm of lawyers specialises in working with both start-ups across, and venture capitalists investing in, the tech, digital and life sciences space to help raise finance and scale their businesses. They are very much leaders in their field and advise clients on a range of global issues.
Currently they are enjoying incredibly healthy demand for their services, and next year will drive expansion into North America whilst reaffirming their leadership position in the UK. They are based in central London with two satellite offices in the UK.
After a thorough audit they have created this position to develop a business development process and marketing strategy. The first priority will be to build a business development function to improve their client relationships and organise their leads and client database. You will work closely with the partners to educate them about the new process and coach them where necessary.
Once the business development process is operational you will be able to focus on their branding and how they position themselves in the market. This is a standalone role with the opportunity to grow a team in the future.
- Oversee the creation of a business development process
- Work closely with partners to educate them about the new process
- Develop a long term plan to tie in with the firms plans for expansion
- Represent the firm at events and actively network with new and existing clients
- Create a client relationship strategy that focuses on increasing the level of care for existing clients
- Produce internal communications around BD successes and marketing updates
- Create and implement a marketing strategy focusing on branding and content
Skills / Experience
- Experience of building a new business development function for a firm or specific sector
- Demonstrable track record of success following on from a business development strategy you have put in place
- Excellent knowledge of CRM and ideally experience of overseeing an installation of a new CRM
- Strong experience in the legal sector or start up/ VC environment
- Experience of creating a firm's branding and market proposition
- Multi channel marketing campaign experience - digital experience is an advantage