PR Manager - 6 Month FTC
An exciting opportunity for a PR Manager join a well respected Management Consultancy on a 6 month Fixed Term Contract.
The global marketing team helps consultants raise their profile and generate business development opportunities by:
- Ensuring clients and prospective clients have a consistent understanding of the company and its work
- Increasing the quality and seniority of client relationships by tailoring our strategies, propositions and communications
- Using media coverage to engage with clients and prospects.
The PR Manager is responsible for the implementation of strategic PR initiatives to build profile with national and specialist media in the organisations target sectors and services in its largest region of operation.
- Market knowledge: clearly identify and understand the UK PR landscape, its requirements and also their ability to exploit these. Identify key target media journalists in national, trade, online and broadcast media and maintain working relationships with these journalists.
- PR campaigns - direction and execution: support the Head of Global PR in working with the sector and service marketing teams and consultants to design, deliver and evaluate a programme of creative, responsive, and news driven PR campaigns. Monitor forward features for opportunities, critically review and edit media proposals, pitch ideas to journalists. Work closely with sector and service marketing managers to deliver PR plans.
- Strategy, planning and budget: support the Global Head of PR to develop a region-level PR strategy, plan and budget for the UK.
- Press office: manage the corporate press office for the business and support the Global Head of PR in managing corporate announcements and any negative PR issues. Monitor media coverage and identify possible issues for the business.
- Calendar data management: maintain the UK PR forward planning calendar which identifies any external PR opportunities for each sector and service.
- Internal marketing: ensure UK PR materials are available to the business to use for business development activity - this includes ensuring coverage is on the website and social media.
- Media training: organise and undertake bespoke media training for key consultant spokespeople on a regular basis to keep fresh.
- Global PR team: coordinate the global launch of company wide thought leadership and research and act as a day to day contact for members of the international PR team.
- International PR agency management: ensure the business gets value for money from its PR agency relationships in Europe and the US. Manage the formal review process for this.
- Recognised /accredited PR/ Communications qualification or similar
- Member of institute of PR (preferable)
- Professional writing qualification.
- Significant PR experience in professional services marketing to include print, broadcast and online
- Experience of using research and thought leadership for PR campaigns and programmes
- Excellent writing skills and Top Down Thinking knowledge
- Understanding of the effectiveness of full communications mix - including social media, client events, PR.
- Evidence of delivering tangible media results