Technology Solutions Specialist
Technology Solutions Specialist (London)
Salary: Up to £30000 per annum depending on experience, plus benefits and bonus
About the company
Imagine you were going to work in a different country…
- Would you reap the benefits of paying no tax in Dubai?
- Why would you find it so expensive to rent in Kinshasa?
- Could you afford coffee in Angola?
- How often could you expect a hurricane in Honduras?
ECA produces this kind of information for over 450 locations to provide companies with the data and software they need to manage their global mobility programmes. Helping multinational companies with anything from one to several thousand expatriates, we make sure that their employees are competitively, fairly, efficiently and legally paid and managed when they move to work in another country.
We have specialised in this area since 1971, developing into the leading provider of data and software for companies managing an international workforce. Our priority remains to lead the way in advanced solutions for our clients, investing 15% of our revenue each year in developing technology to innovate, stay a step ahead of the market and provide an exceptional level of service to our clients.
About the job
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Content Solutions team that designs, develops, deploys and maintains the company's online products and services. The ever-increasing importance of digital technology and its applications means that this is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic team at the forefront of developing ECA’s online offering.
Working closely with the data production, IT and software development teams, the role requires a combination of technical, time management, programming, design and liaison skills to:
- constantly develop and improve ECA’s online products and user experience;
- innovate and find opportunities to introduce new digital solutions and applications;
- make ECA’s working practices, publication process and data management as efficient as possible.
Main responsibilities include:
- Maintaining and developing ECA’s product delivery system, which involves configuring bespoke applications and database management
- Working closely with ECA’s data production departments, devising solutions to develop their products, improve current processes and resolve day-to-day publication issues
- Co-ordinating, preparing, testing and trouble-shooting data and code updates to ECA’s website
- Producing technical specifications for software developers
- Wire-framing and prototyping new applications and improvements to existing ones, including both back-end and front-end development
- Staying abreast of technical developments and learning new skills, successfully applying them to work practices
- Undertaking research and development to support new products, surveys and consultancy projects
What we are looking for
If you have the following qualities, we’d love to hear from you:
- An understanding of how websites and online applications work and an appreciation of how users interact with them
- An interest in, and knowledge of, online technology and its applications, combined with an aptitude for learning new IT skills
- Hands-on experience of the basic principles of web-design and the underlying architecture
- Excellent working knowledge of some of the following applications:
- Visual Studio
- SQL Server Management Studio
- Kentico CMS
- Excellent working knowledge of some of the following languages:
- Transact SQL
- An understanding of applications beyond the data content and code to include aesthetics, editorial, usability and relevance
- Awareness of communications, marketing and brand and they part they play in product development and user experience
- Natural curiosity and ability to take on a challenge
- Self-motivation, pro-activity and independence, with the ability to manage priorities
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey complex technical issues simply and effectively, often in relation to the business needs
- Strong attention to detail
- Responsibility and conscientiousness
Candidates invited for interview will be asked to do some short technical exercises to show their competency.
Why work for us?
We believe in offering a great place to work. We employ people of all nationalities and have a diverse and interesting workplace as well as a diverse and interesting client base.
In addition to salary we offer a discretionary, profit-based bonus, an excellent pension scheme, health insurance, free sports club access, free travelcard loan and Cycle to Work schemes. Training, both on the job and at external courses, is provided where appropriate.
We have an elected Social Committee which runs free and subsidised events for staff six times a year outside of work (things like go karting, theatre trips, wine-tasting, ice skating, pub quizzes, treasure hunts), and hold regular staff events and briefings.
More jobs like this
- Professional Services Digital / Online Marketing jobs in London (Central)
- Professional Services Project Management jobs in London (Central)
- Professional Services Product Development jobs in London (Central)
- Professional Services Production jobs in London (Central)
- Professional Services Software Development jobs in London (Central)